In this episode I talk to Meg Kissack, host of The Couragemakers Podcast. Together we deep dive into what it means to choose yourself in a society that constantly has you feeling like you need to be and do more.
Topics discussed include:
- Sustainability and the problem with the bigger, brighter approach [7:32]
- The pressure to do all the things [13:40]
- Our mission as empaths [21:10]
- Self love as a political act [24:27]
- Friendships and feeling guilty [35:45]
- Turning your weaknesses into strengths [36:56]
- Permanent positivity [49:15]
- Brené Brown – Daring Greatly
- Brené Brown TED Talk – The Power of Vulnerability
- Meghan Trainor – No (aka The Boundaries Song)
- Free Range Humans
- Jacqui Marson – The Curse of Lovely
About Meg Kissack
Meg is an INFJ creative and multi-passionate who believes that everything changes when you believe you matter. She is the the host of The Couragemakers Podcast, a writer, coach and the rebel-rouser founder of That Hummingbird Life. Meg helps creative and multi-passionate women to leave self doubt at the door, do the things only they can do and live the life of the woman whose autobiography they’d love to read. She creates regular explosions of encouragement in the form of blog posts, Sunday Pep Talks and podcast episodes to help you feel less alone and have the courage to own, live and share your story.
When she’s not recording episodes of The Couragemakers Podcast, writing bullshit-free Sunday pep Talks to her Couragemakers community or working 1:1 with coaching clients, you can find her covered in paint or walking her cockapoo puppy Merlin.
Website | Instagram | The Couragemakers Podcast | Sunday Pep Talks
About the Host – Lisa Pascoe
Lisa is an Intuitive Master NLP Practitioner, and Recovering Perfectionist. She is on a mission to help empaths and highly sensitives to tap into their inner wisdom, and thrive in a noisy, modern world.
Lisa currently lives in Southsea with her partner Bekky and their wire-haired sausage dog Henry. She has a penchant for cake, oracle cards and walks in the woods.
Website | Instagram | Facebook | Nourishing Notes