In this episode I talk to creative coach and storyteller Vaska Trajkovska, founder of the Curious Cat. We explore how you can create your own curiosity practice to start seeing more beauty and possibilities in life. We talk about the importance of storytelling and connection. She also tells us about her miserable Christmas and what helped her shift her perspective on things.
So, if you’re in need of joyful, practical ideas for creating more magical sparkles in your every day life, this is the episode for you!
Topics discussed include:
- What to do if you feel stuck and have no idea where to start [05:40]
- Boredom as the birthplace of magic [08:32]
- Certification and the loss of community knowledge [11:30]
- Exploring beauty [23:15]
- Creating your own sanctuary [33:55]
- Permission to grieve your life’s losses [50:29]
- Free Range Humans by Marianne Cantwell. New edition of the book is due out in September 2019
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams. Vaska mentions a version by Michael Hague and this is hard to find.
- Julia Smith Ceramics – check out her amazing moon mugs!
About Vaska Trajkovska
Vaska is a creative coach, storyteller, documentary maker and all round Curious Cat. She has a background in social anthropology and places the human experience at the heart of everything she does. Sensitive and intuitive by nature, she believes that by sharing our stories empathy, compassion, connection, and kindness can flourish.
Vaska is passionate about helping people tell their stories, and finding the magical sparkles in the ordinary everyday. Alongside her creative coaching, she also helps people record the stories of their loved ones to be passed down the generations.
She lives by the sea and is the host of The Curious Cat podcast.
About the Host – Lisa Pascoe
Lisa is an Intuitive Master NLP Practitioner, and Recovering Perfectionist. She is on a mission to help empaths and highly sensitives to tap into their inner wisdom, and thrive in a noisy, modern world.
Lisa currently lives in Southsea with her partner Bekky and their wire-haired sausage dog Henry. She has a penchant for cake, oracle cards and walks in the woods.
Website | Instagram | Facebook | Nourishing Notes