In this episode of the Bravehearts Rising podcast I’m talking to the wonderful Eva Echo, trans activist, blogger and founder of The Pass It On Campaign.
We talk about gender dysphoria, body positivity and building resilience when dealing with online and offline hate. Eva also talks us through some practical ways to be an ally to the trans and non-binary community.
Conversations like this are so important.
- Gender dysphoria and body positivity [5:09]
- Building resilience and dealing with haters [12:06]
- The importance of standing together as a united community [20:15]
- How to be an ally to the trans and non-binary community [21:30]
- Making a difference and having a ripple effect in the world [33:48]
- Gendered Intelligence – a trans-led and trans-involving grass roots organisation. It aims to increase understandings of gender diversity and improve trans people’s quality of life.
- Mermaids – this charity helps gender diverse kids, young people and their families.
- Switchboard LGBT+ – provides support and information to the LGBT+ community.
- Catcher in the Rye – J. D. Salinger
About Eva Echo
Eva Echo is a trans activist, blogger and founder of the Pass It On Campaign, which was created to challenge standards and to promote awareness of trans and non-binary topics. She is also a brand ambassador for London Transgender Clinic, as well as a trans spokesperson for Gendered Intelligence. I also sit on the Crown Prosecution Service’s hate crime panel, which gives me the chance to review historical cases/prosecutions, make recommendations and to challenge the existing criminal justice system in order to create positive change.
About Your Host – Lisa Pascoe
I’m Lisa and I’m an Intuitive Life Coach. I am on a mission to help empaths, highly sensitive women and LGBTQ+ folks to slow down and prioritise their wellbeing so that they feel more present in their lives, experience more joy and live life on purpose.
I do this through 1:1 coaching, workshops and nourishing circles. When I’m at my happiest, you’ll find me swimming in the sea. I live on the South Coast with my wife, and miniature sausage dog Henry.
You can also find me here Website | Instagram | Facebook