In this episode of the Bravehearts Rising Podcast I’m talking to the delightful Nicola Humber. She is the author of Heal Your Inner Good Girl and Unbound, and is also the founder of The Unbound Press.
Together we talk all things writing. We cover Nicola’s own journey to becoming an author, writing as a transformational process, the importance of trusting your inner knowing as well as the more practical side of writing including rituals and exercises to get started. If you’ve always wondered about writing a book, then this episode is for you.
Topics Covered Include:
- Writing her first book Heal Your Inner Good Girl [15:11]
- The call to write a book, self doubt and trusting yourself [18:21]
- Writing as a transformative practice [20:00]
- Writing rituals and letting go of the rules [22:00]
- Showing up for your dreams [25:21]
- Fun writing exercises for you to try [33:00]
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Heal Your Inner Good Girl by Nicola Humber
- Unbound by Nicola Humber
- Was Bleibt? [What Remains] by Christa Wolf
- The Desire Map by Danielle LaPorte
About Nicola Humber
Nicola Humber is the author of two transformational books, Heal Your Inner Good Girl and UNBOUND. She’s also the founder of The Unbound Press, a soul-led publishing imprint for unbound women.
After playing the archetypal good girl up until her mid-thirties, Nicola left her ‘proper’ job in finance to retrain as a coach and hypnotherapist and this leap of faith led her to what she does now: activating recovering good girls to embrace their so-called imperfections and shake off the tyranny of ‘shoulds’, so they can be their fullest, freest, most magnificent selves.
Nicola helps women to write the book their Unbound Self is calling them to write, whilst growing a community of soul-family readers and clients. She’s originally from Southampton in the UK, but is now based in upstate New York.
About Your Host – Lisa Pascoe
I’m Lisa and I’m an Intuitive Life Coach. I am on a mission to help sensitive souls like you to tap into your inner guidance, and be gentle with yourself as you navigate the world and your purpose. I do this through 1:1 coaching, soul-nourishing circles and events.