In this episode of the Bravehearts Rising podcast I’m talking to the wonderful Nicola Rae-Wickham, founder of A Life More Inspired. Nicola is all about helping big-hearted creatives, empaths and sensitive souls to find, use, and amplify their voice to do work that makes a meaningful contribution to the world.
In this important conversation we explore the magic of being an empath, the myth of confidence and how you can create space to find your voice. We also talk about the coaching industry and the need to make it a more inclusive space so that it is for the many, not just the few – a mission that is close to Nicola’s heart.
- What made Nicola want to be invisible growing up [06:31]
- The magic of being an empath [10:05]
- What does showing up wholeheartedly mean? [14:17]
- The myth of confidence [16:44]
- The need for more nuance and inclusivity in the coaching industry [22:38]
- You find your voice when you give it space [40:30]
- The Body Keeps The Score: Mind, Brain and Body in The Transformation of Trauma by Bessel Van Der Kolk
- The Danger of a Single Story – TedTalk by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Nova Reid – Diversity and anti-racism educator
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne
- Playing Big: A Practical Guide For Brilliant Women Like You by Tara Mohr
I have provided Amazon links for ease but encourage you to buy from your local book shop.
About Nicola Rae-Wickham
Nicola Rae-Wickham is founder of A Life More Inspired where she’s combines her 20 year corporate marketing experience with her coaching in order to mentor big-hearted creatives, empaths and sensitive souls to find, use and amplify their voice to build brands based on truth-telling and soul-connecting and do work that makes a meaningful contribution to the world. Nicola is committed to bringing nuance to the personal development, spiritual and wellness spaces, so that it is development for the many and not the few.
About Your Host – Lisa Pascoe
I’m Lisa (she/her) and I’m an Intuitive Life Coach. I am on a mission to help perfectionist empaths like you to press pause, and tune into your intuition to gently yet courageously navigate the world and your purpose. All while being kind to yourself and honouring your energy levels. I do this through 1:1 coaching, soul-nourishing circles and events.