In this wisdom-filled episode I talk to the inspirational and very grounded drag king artist Majic Dyke. We take a deep dive into identity, embracing who you are when no-one is around and where to start if you struggle to like yourself.
If you are currently in the messy middle of your own transformation and trying to work out who you are at your core, then this is the episode for you. Together let’s create a world where we are all free and safe to show up as who we really are!
Topics discussed include:
- The relationship between identity and honouring your truth [13:50]
- Constantly seeking answers outside of ourselves [16:38]
- The things that kept Majic going through the hard times [18:30]
- Being a big stage presence as an introvert [22:01]
- Boundaries and how to enforce them [25:51]
- Self love and mental health: advice for people who struggle to like themselves but want to learn how [30:27]
- Giving yourself permission to exist as you [36:16]
Resources and inspirational people mentioned:
- The Four Noble Truths by His Holiness the Dalai Lama
- Indya Moore – an actor and model who is also transgender and non-binary.
- Brooklyn Wright – Entrepreneur and founder of the Boi Society
About Majic Dyke
Majic Dyke is a non-binary drag king artist based in the Washington DC area. His work is centered around uplifting and celebrating the LGBTQ+ community and he uses his platform to teach people about self love and self acceptance. Turning pain into power is something that motivates him to keep sharing his life experiences with the world.
Instagram | Twitter
About the Host – Lisa Pascoe
Lisa is an Intuitive Master NLP Practitioner, and Recovering Perfectionist. She is on a mission to help empaths and highly sensitives to tap into their inner wisdom, and thrive in a noisy, modern world.
Lisa currently lives in Southsea with her partner Bekky and their wire-haired sausage dog Henry. She has a penchant for cake, oracle cards and walks in the woods.