In this episode I talk to the amazing career coach and co-founder of Project Love, Selina Barker.
She tells us about her Big Beryl Adventure and shares with us her own emotional journey that came with her decision to rebel and create an intentional, wholehearted life. We then explore some practical things you can do to start creating change in your life.
If you are struggling to be kind to yourself or are feeling stuck, then this episode is for you! It is filled with stories of healing, inspiration and laughter. This really is a heart-felt exploration of what it looks like to come alive – messy bits and all.
Topics discussed include:
- Selina’s Big Beryl adventure and how it’s shaped who she is today [03:36]
- Becoming present to sadness [09:52]
- Setting intentions and the importance of taking time to reflect [18:30]
- Defrosting, unravelling and biscuit bunnies [22:07]
- Embracing your rebellious spirit [39:00]
- Bringing ideas to life with this simple project approach to life [43:00]
- Watch a short video about Selina’s Big Beryl Adventure
- Be a Free Range Human (2nd edition) by Marianne Cantwell
- Steve Jobs’ Stanford Inauguration Speech
- The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
- Zen and the Art of Falling in Love by Dr. Brenda Shoshanna
- The Goodbye Hello Journal by Selina Barker and Vicki Pavitt [Project Love]
About Selina Barker
Selina is a coach, online course creator, writer, podcaster and co-founder of Project Love. For the past 12 years she’s been making it her business to help people design lives and careers they love. She’s a big believer that we are all artists of our own lives and that any dream we want to bring to life, can be done by turning it into a practical project.
Over the past 5 years her focus has turned towards love and relationships and growing Project Love with her biz wife, Vicki Pavitt. They offer a mix of online courses, coaching and life design tools, including the popular Get Ready for Love course and the Goodbye Hello journal. And every fortnight they cosy up to co-host their Project Love podcast.
Instagram | Facebook | Website
About the Host – Lisa Pascoe
I’m Lisa and I’m an Intuitive Life Coach. I am on a mission to help sensitive souls like you to tap into your inner wisdom, and thrive in a noisy, modern world. I do this through 1:1 coaching, soul-nourishing circles and events.
I live in Southsea with my partner Bekky and our wire-haired sausage dog Henry. I have a penchant for vegan cake, oracle cards and walks in the woods.
If you’d like to receive reminders to be kind to yourself, sign up here for my Nourishing Notes