In this episode of the Bravehearts Rising Podcast I speak to the delightful Dr. Lauren Macdonald. She is a psychiatry doctor, yoga teacher and stage IV cancer survivor. In this episode she so generously shares with us her own experience of being diagnosed with cancer, the loneliness she experienced and why community plays such an important role in the healing process.
Topics discussed include:
- Gut health, inflammation and disease [3:12]
- The difference between being cured and healed [8:39]
- Lauren’s cancer journey and how it shifted her perspective on life [12:52]
- The power of community in the healing process [35:00]
- Trew Fields Festival – The UKs first holistic health and cancer awareness festival [47:00]
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Mind Over Medicine by Dr. Lissa Rankin
- Radical Remission: Surviving Cancer Against All Odds by Kelly A. Turner, Ph.D
About Dr. Lauren Macdonald
Dr. Lauren Macdonald is a psychiatry doctor, yoga teacher and stage IV cancer survivor. She is also the founder of The Holistic Healing Project, a podcast and online community that supports people on their journey towards better health, deeper healing and more conscious, connected living. Lauren is passionate about redefining health – not just as wellness of the physical body, but as integrated vitality for the mind, body, and spirit.
About the host – Lisa Pascoe
I’m Lisa and I’m an Intuitive Life Coach. I am on a mission to help sensitive souls like you to tap into your inner wisdom, and thrive in a noisy, modern world. I do this through 1:1 coaching, soul-nourishing circles and events.
I live in Southsea with my partner Bekky and our wire-haired sausage dog Henry. I have a penchant for vegan cake, oracle cards and walks in the woods.
Sign up here to receive my Nourishing Notes