In this final episode of season 3 of the Bravehearts Rising podcast, I’m talking to the multi-passionate and incredible Samantha Moyo. She’s a disruption doctor, activist, coach and entrepreneur.
I had so much fun recording this interview. We started with Sam telling us what led her to start a sober rave movement and went on to discuss unconscious bias, decolonisation and the importance of holding space for fear and vulnerability. Key for me was around climate change and inclusivity – when it comes to saving the planet, who are we saving it for?
This episode is full of nourishing food for thought. Enjoy!
Topics discussed include:
- Sobriety, Morning Gloryville and Sam’s journey to becoming a sobriety advocate [2.59]
- Unconscious bias and decolonisation [15:35]
- Climate change and diversity [21.16]
- The importance of speaking your discomfort and the fear of getting it wrong [25.32]
- Making space for fear and vulnerability [32.00]
- Practical tips for starting your own disruption mission [36.36]
- Extinction Rebellion, intersectionality and the need to centre more than climate justice in talks around climate change. Who are ‘we’ saving the planet for? [43.45]
- What does it mean to be a great ally? [52.30]
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown
About Samantha Moyo
Samantha Moyo is a Disruption Doctor, Polymath, Activist and Entrepreneur. She founded Morning Gloryville, the original sober rave movement growing the community to 200,000 within 18 months and taking the brand to 23 cities. After selling this first enterprise, Sam went on to found Tamuka Global Limited an organisation that creates immersive learning experiences at the intersection of entertainment, activism and indeginous wisdom.
Sam is one of the UK’s leading Decolonial thinkers, being hired by organisations to facilitate conversations around diversity and decolonisation matters as well as exploring ways to create brand strategies from an indigenous lens. With a passion for empowering founders, Sam also offers coaching and consulting services to entrepreneurs on a disruption mission.
Website | Instagram
About Your Host – Lisa Pascoe
I’m Lisa and I’m an Intuitive Life Coach. I am on a mission to help sensitive souls like you to tap into your inner wisdom, and thrive in a noisy, modern world. I do this through 1:1 coaching, soul-nourishing circles and events.
I live in Southsea with my partner Bekky and our wire-haired sausage dog Henry. I have a penchant for vegan cake, oracle cards and walks in the woods.
Sign up here to receive my Nourishing Notes