In this episode I’m talking to the founder of the Bookish Mindset, Nikki. The Bookish Mindset offers monthly book subscription boxes alternating between a fiction and non-fiction book each month. At its heart the business is all about amplifying marginalised voices and supporting small businesses.
I loved this chat with Nikki. We talk about:
- the mental health benefits of reading including how it helps her with her own anxiety;
- the lack of queer love in Disney growing up;
- the fear that comes with starting a new project;
- shining a light on more joy and more diversity.
and so much more. If you’re a book lover who is passionate about changing the world, then this episode is for you.
Books + Ted Talk Mentioned:
- Tomorrow Will Be Different by Sarah McBride
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
- Ted Talk: Get Comfortable with Being Uncomfortabe by Luvvie Ajayi Jones
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Feminism Interrupted: Disrupting Power by Lola Olufemi
- Love In Colour: Mythical Tales from around the World, retold by Bolu Babalola
- The Gilded Ones by Namina Forna
About Nikki & The Bookish Mindset
Nikki is passionate about books. She set up her Instagram page The Bookish Mindset while working through a lot of books in the third lockdown of the global pandemic that hit us in 2020. It started as a place to connect with fellow bookworms and it’s blossomed into a monthly book subscription box. She says she is absolutely in love with the boxes and adore putting my heart and soul into curating them for her readers.
At its heart the business is all about amplifying marginalised voices and supporting small businesses. Boxes are available as either a single box, monthly subscription or a three or six month block.
YYou can find out more about The Bookish Mindset Here and connect here: The Bookish Mindset Website | Instagram
About Your Host – Lisa Pascoe
I’m Lisa and I’m an Intuitive Life Coach. I support frazzled feminists, empaths and LGBTQ+ folks to slow down and prioritise their wellbeing so that they feel more present in their lives, experience more joy and live life on purpose.
I do this through 1:1 coaching, workshops and nourishing circles. When I’m at my happiest, you’ll find me swimming in the sea. I live on the South Coast with my wife Bekky, and miniature sausage dog Henry.
You can find me here: Website | Instagram | Facebook